[Dixielandjazz] I'm still here

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 11:30:09 PST 2011

Kaye:

Couldn't find the name of any movie where Debbie performed "I'm Still Here"
but that doesn't mean it is not the case.

In searching for it, I did come across an article saying that if Sondheim's
"Follies" was ever filmed, that Debbie would be the natural to perform the
number.

It appears though that Shirley MacLaine might have performed it in
"Postcards From the Edge" where she played Debbie's fictitious counterpart
and Meryl Streep was representative of her author/daughter Carrie Fisher
I've never heard Yvonne DeCarlo's version of it but maybe I should look to
see if there's possibly a video of it on YouTube

There is one there of Debbie singing it at the Carlyle..

Harry

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts
      - Vergil: The Aeneid Book II