[Dixielandjazz] Bing Crosby and friends

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jan 22 09:42:22 PST 2011

There's lots of Bing in the air today...
On the current episode of "Riverwalk Jazz," Gary Giddins discusses Bing's friendship
with Louis Armstrong:
http://www.riverwalkjazz.org/jazznotes/bingandlouis/
On his JazzWax blog, Marc Myers explores Bing's recordings of "Bebop Spoken Here"
with Patty Andrews and Peggy Lee:
http://www.jazzwax.com/2011/01/bing-bops-with-patty-and-peg.html
BingCrosby.com has a press release about two new Bing collections, "Shall We Dance?"
and "With All My Heart," available exclusively on iTunes, and also the release next
Tuesday, both in stores and on iTunes, of "Bing and Rosie: The Crosby-Clooney Radio
Sessions," "Bing Sings the Sinatra Songbook" and "Bing Crosby: A Southern Memoir":
http://www.bingcrosby.com/

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Congress was broadcast live on Facebook for the first time in history.
Now you can waste time and not get work done by watching Congress waste time and not get work done."
--Jimmy Fallon