[Dixielandjazz] Ish Kabibble and the Shy Guys

Daniel Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 21 12:16:01 PST 2011

     A number of biographies of Ish Kabibble mention that "From 1955
to 1960 he led his own six-piece Dixieland group, the Shy Guys."
     Has anyone ever heard (of) this group?  Did they record?
     Incidentally, the bios also say that Ish went into real estate.
Unless i was imagining things, my father said that one of the other
people interested in buying the house that he bought in Carson City in
1958 (717 Elm Street) was none other than Ish Kabibble.

     Dan