[Dixielandjazz] Fw: From You Tube, and Facebook, and Tom Saunders

Bert Thompson dr_bert at juno.com
Fri Jan 21 11:17:58 PST 2011

In his replay to Scott Anthony's question about the Salty Dogs' unknown tune ("Brown Bottom Bess") on YouTube, Tom Bartlett said, "I don't know of any other known bands beside the "Dogs" who picked up on it." When I played with Professor Plum's Jazz (1985-1995), "Brown Bottom Bess" was in our book, and we played it quite frequently.  I don't remember which of the Plums brought it in, however.  Good tune.  Regards, Bert Thompson