[Dixielandjazz] Peter Clayton

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 20 02:21:15 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "ROBERT R. CALDER"
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:36 AM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Peter Clayton

I see the recommendation of a book by Peter Clayton on sale via ABE books --
and
presumably also Amazon and alibris (add the suffix .com for USA or
.co.uk for Britain.

Peter Clayton certainly knew his stuff -- I learned a great deal from his
numerous radio broadcasts
<polite snip>

The same here and sadly missed. That goes for Benny Green too. Mention of
whom brings to mind tenor sax man, Red Price, who, along with Benny 'did
time' in Lord Rockingham's  Eleven. Robert, any idea what became of him ? I
vaguely recall reading he went to Hong Kong or Singapore to do club work.
Tho' how true that is I don't know; nor does Mr Google as far as I can
determine.
~~
John D