[Dixielandjazz] Pat Boone the Jazz Singer

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Wed Jan 19 21:57:48 PST 2011

If that hot band of Los Angeles Studio cats can convert that Rock tune to a swingin' Big Band Jazz
song why the Hell can't any other song be played as JAZZ .  For those of you who have no idea who Metalica is  :  They are a Heavy Metal Rock Band from Castro Valley, Ca. that could not buy a gig in Castro Valley, but went onto Sell out Stadiums all over the world, people used to call the cops on them when they tried to rehearse in their garage.   Now the $3 million dollar performing arts center begs them to play a benefit concert to raise money for them to run the center.  :))

It ain't the song that necessarily makes it Jazz , it's How you play it  unless of course
your a die hard single genre of Jazz lover and in denial and refuse to even consider anything
else as even being potentially Jazz.   That's why most so called Jazz Bands are mostly unemployed and un employable,
they more often than not think They know more than the paying audience paying to hear them play what they want to hear.

Art for arts Sake don't pay the bills, except for the high salaried Arts Presenters and stage hands, and light and sound operators
who are employed to make the musicians look and sound good or "NOT"   The High Cost of Preserving Jazz has certainly gotten way out of balance.   Perhaps it's time to start selling tickets to see the lights and hear the DJ over the sound system .