[Dixielandjazz] Kudos to the Professer.

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Tue Jan 18 15:29:27 PST 2011

Thank you, Herr Professor Von Haesler. Your usual dissertation and
detailed information on one of the lesser known musicos was as usual
food for the envious archivist mind.
While playing a few sides of the 1930's Ted Weems Orchestra on which mon
pere was featured, there were also some marvelous mellophone "hot"
choruses by one Dudley Fosdick (and yes, you lurkers, that was a very
real name) that continue after all these years to knock my socks off.
While "Jazz State of Indiana" has some bio notes on Fosdick and his
brother Gene, perhaps you can expand this bio material in as thorough a
manner as you did so well with Tony Fougerat.
And you are not a self-proclaimed mouldy old one-eyed fig. That was fig
wasn't it? One has to be careful with vowels, doesn't one? <wide and
obvious grin, old mate of mine!>
Don - snowed in in our bunker in northern Michigan but the package goods
arrived unscathed in time for the blizzard - Ingle