[Dixielandjazz] Teresa Brewer

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:05:37 PST 2011

 Judi:

If you were a Teresa Brewer fan, you're obviously OK in my book.

Is there a remote possibility that you have a recording of yourself
performing "All That Jazz" from "Chicago".

I love it and most other Kander&Ebb compositions and have managed to secure
the  1975 original cast album, the 1997 Bway revival, the  2003 movie
soundtrack and other versions of  it by Liza Minnelli & Ute Lemper (who  did
it on the London stage) and probably someone I'm forgetting.

Even if you have it on an old reel-to-reel tape and would have a means of
duplicating and sending it to me, it would be greatly appreciated and I
promise that I will play it on "Callaghan's Corner" , which has an
international listening audience via  the internet.

I don't know how old you are but I was 10 when her original "Music, Music,
Music" came out and I took the lyrics quite literally. While it wasn't
actually a nickelodeon, I plunked many nickels into the jukebox to hear it
over and over again.

Thanx
HC

--