[Dixielandjazz] Teresa Brewer

Judi K heartsjazz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:19:21 PST 2011

As a kid, I loved watching Teresa Brewer on the many TV variety shows she
graced, and just loved  her effervescent smiling personality.

I owe a nice experience to Teresa Brewer in that she sang a song I could
adapt to a couple of situations and feature two instruments.  I had two of
her LPs: one being  "Love Ya Fats", and the other was one she did with
Stephan Grapelli.  On that album she sang,  "I Love a Violin", which, when I
started working with the great Jethro Burns, I would sing, changing the word
Violin to Mandolin.  It worked perfectly.   Years later, at the Central
Illinois Jazz fest, I was asked to do the section involving Chicago Jazz for
their Saturday night dinner show.  So I chose to do "And All That Jazz"
(dressed as a sequined gangster)...segueing into, of course "Chicago". My
job then was to introduce Johnny Frigo, so I did so with  "I Love a Violin",
and it worked out so perfectly with Johnny doing the responses with his
violin as he came on stage, I wish I could see it on tape or some kind of
recording, it got dynamic feedback from the audience for a long time after;
 but if I hadn't had Teresa's LP with that song, I wouldn't have used it for
those occasions, and I wouldn't have the wonderful memories.  Thanks, little
Teresa.!..

*Judi K  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫*
*wwwjudikjazz.com* <http://wwwjudikjazz.com/>
you-tube channel  *Judikbelle*