[Dixielandjazz] just a question, help greatly appreciated

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 01:02:23 PST 2011

That's true,
the original version is more interesting. Most Symphony orchestra's play the piece (too) slow. Making kind of Romantic music from it.That in fact was not what Gershwin meant, but even then it is nice music to listen to and even more to play.
I played it several times with orchestra, mostly the tenor sax part. Did the lead alto part also several times and once first clarinet.
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma