[Dixielandjazz] stirring the pot

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 21:07:28 PST 2011

Seems as how I learned it, the original Jazz inventors were from Africa
transplanted to the Southern parts of the USA and developed Jazz from
many European and Latin cultures where their kindred were also transported
to and eventually advanced the cultures of the music with African rhythms in similar places like Cuba, Brazil,
the Caribbean and even Mexico.  New Orleans was a huge melting pot of cultures which included
that of Spain and France  added into the mix.

European Gypsy music, and Irish Jigs definitely had some influences upon early Jazz
as it did upon American Blue Grass and Country and Western.

But that is not really relevant on a Dixieland Jazz site now is it :

If it ain't Dixieland the way we say it is then it Ain't Dixieland and it sure ain't Jazz :))
End of conversation.