[Dixielandjazz] just a question, help greatly appreciated

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:38:49 PST 2011

Bert:

Let no one ever say that being on this list can't be educational.

WOW, Ferde Grofe an arranger for Paul Whiteman.

I wasn't aware of him until a longhair friend of mine in the mid-50s told me
that "On the Trail", (the theme for Philllp  Morris cigarettes) was from his
"Grand Canyon Suite"

I acquired it and have loved it since as well as most of the works of Aaron
Copland which to my ears appear quite similar..

It ain't dixieland but I've managed to live with it

Tides,
HC.

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts