[Dixielandjazz] Stirring the pot

Marvin Ipswich cornet at clearwire.net
Mon Jan 17 11:16:05 PST 2011

Harry Callaghan wrote:

>I'm not bothering to keep score here and have to wonder if anybody is.

>If so, I would take a casual guess that those who don't give a damn about
>"classifying" or "categorizing" have a slight edge over those who are being
>so overly analytical about it.

>But since we're not looking for the prize in the bottom of the box of
>Cracker Jacks (do they have that any more) I again say.............WHO
>REALLY CARES?

Harry,

I see you have appointed yourself as the spokesperson for the close to 600
subscribers on the DJML with your collective "who cares." Why don't you just
state the obvious, that YOU don't care. It's much more honest and truthful.

In reality, there are always people who care and people who don't care. But
please, Harry, but respectful of those who DO, even if you DON'T. Allow them
their say, too. I've not been a subscriber for long here but I get the
distinct impression that the few are definitely doing their best to keep the
many from expressing their opinions.

Speak for yourself but not for others.

Regards,
Marvin