[Dixielandjazz] Dixie vs. Trad

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 13:45:07 PST 2011

A lovely band, but hardly what you've made us to expect.
However, the "related videos" include later development of the band,
when it became "Charquet & Co," with the tuba-banjo rhythm section.
An even later development is "Le Petit Jazzband de Mr. Morel," which
has the anticipated tuba and banjo, and one of the best contemporary
clarinet players, Alain Marquet.
Likewise, watch the one by Miss Lulu White Reed Hot Creole Jazz Band,
which also has the Lu Watters rhytm section, i.e. - banjo and tuba.