[Dixielandjazz] To the record collectors on the List

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 14 18:11:33 PST 2011

Bob Smith wrote [in part]:
> I've just been playing the LP "Swamp Blues Vol 2" and this set me thinking about the artistic value of record labels. In addition to the merits or otherwise of the information, I've always enjoyed the artistic value of record labels.
> I think the label of the LP mentioned above issued by Sonet is the most colourful of the labels I have......

Dear Bob,
You are drawing a long bow with this one.
As we say here, "How long is a piece of string?"
I had to google widely to find information regarding the "Swamp Blues" LP you mention.
And even then didn't find the label illustration.
It is certainly not one that would tempt me musically, based on its contents.
I wonder how many DJMLers would know of it.
Very kind regards,
Bill.