[Dixielandjazz] To the record collectors on the List

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Fri Jan 14 13:17:45 PST 2011

I've just been playing the LP "Swamp Blues Vol 2" and this set me thinking
about the artistic value of record labels. In addition to the merits or
otherwise of the information, I've always enjoyed the artistic value of
record labels.
 I think the label of the LP mentioned above issued by Sonet is the most
colourful of the labels I have. I think my favourite label is the coloured
HMV label, with the light blue/dark blue Parlophone 78 label as a good
runner-up. The labels that bore me most are the ones with gold text on a
black background.

Cheers

Bob Smith