[Dixielandjazz] recommendation: cw stoneking

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 14 18:01:10 PST 2011

 dj outrage wrote:
> so I heard this guy on bbc 6 music, what do you guys think of what he does?
> try here
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgncwm9cMio
> very interested to see responses on here to this

Dear dj,
CK Stoneking is an Australian but, although he lived for a while in my inner- Sydney suburb of Balmain, I do not recall ever meeting him.
He mixed a little with the jazz youngsters in Melbourne and several (Steven Grant, Chris Tanner, Mark Elton, Andy Ross, Lynn Wallis) are included are on his CD album 'King Hokum', of which I have a 'research copy' - probably from my mate and DJMLer Phil O'Rourke.
I would loosely put CK musically into the same basket as the US-eccentric Robert Crumb. Someone who certainly knows his blues.
The following link provides more information than his website:
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._W._Stoneking
Kind regards,
Bill.