[Dixielandjazz] recommendation: cw stoneking

dmr at domitype.com dmr at domitype.com
Fri Jan 14 16:39:36 PST 2011

I like this a LOT! The first comment on the Youtube pegs it quite accurately, (george fornby, hank williams, manse lipscomb, tom waits, nick cave...) I would add San Francisco's Rube Waddell as having a similar style.
Looks like the main website is http://cwstoneking.com and an article about him here:
http://cwstoneking.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cwWord_1.jpg
http://cwstoneking.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cwWord2_1.jpg

Thanks for posting - never heard him before now, but he seems to have been around a bit with a very interesting bio!

Dave Richoux