[Dixielandjazz] Sucking Dog

Rick rickz at usermail.com
Thu Jan 13 12:01:07 PST 2011

On 1/13/2011 1:39 PM, Don Ingle wrote:
> Rick Wrote:
>

>> "Every time I go to town,
>> The boys keep kickin' my dog around!
>> Makes no difference if he is a hound
>> They gotta quit kickin' my dog around."

>> Dixielandjazz mailing list
>> Dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
>>

> It was a standard with Pete Daily when Rosey
> McHargue was with him and then with Rosey's own
> band when I worked with him in Pasadena.
> Another Gem was "When the War Breaks out in
> Mexico I'm gunna go to Montreal." How prolific
> is that?
> Don Ingle
>
> PS: For Rick - You said you were are going to
> Colorado Springs? Stop by the Beta House at CC
> and tell the brothers I am still alive. Max
> Morath and I were frat brothers there. That's
> frat - not FAT!

Did you guys sing?   We (Delta Sigma Phi) did, at
Arizona.   The Phi Delt's taught me this one .
(this is just a couple of verses)

"Caesar was an SAE,,
Judas was a Beta.
If Jesus Christ was alive today, he'd pledge Phi
Delta Theta!"

Around and 'round the mulberry bush,
The Phi Delt chased the Theta
The Theta stopped to tie her shoe
Phi Diddle-dy Theta!!!!!

(chorus)
Singin' ;a
Phi Delta Theta
Grand old fra-- Grand old fraternity
It's a grand old fraternity
Phi Delta Theta for I!!

I've never been to any of the houses at CC. l will
certainly stop by!!

Fraternally yours,

Rick