[Dixielandjazz] Sucking Dog

Rick rickz at usermail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:31:20 PST 2011

On 1/11/2011 8:30 PM, Robert Ringwald wrote:
>> Country music  (part of MKOM) has one like that.
> ">  Egg-sucking Dog"
>

> The one I like is "You Gotta Stop Kickin' My Dawg Around."

"Every time I go to town,
The boys keep kickin' my dog around!
Makes no difference if he is a hound
They gotta quit kickin' my dog around."

I saw the Dillards play at a club in Denver in the
60's.   Some of you may remember them
as "The Darlings" on the Andy Griffith show.

I can't imagine that any Dixieland Jazz fan
wouldn't LOVE their music, and their humor.

About their bass player -- who was from Arkansas.

"You can always tell somebody from Arkansas who's
come up to Missouri.   They have these stab marks
around their mouth from trying to learn to eat
with a fork!!!!!!!!!!"

Rick
About to leave Arkansas