[Dixielandjazz] FW: Radio Jazz

Brian Harvey sweetfiglio at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 07:46:21 PST 2011

Sadly our (Brian Harvey and John Booth) Radio Jazz internet radio channel "The Hot Jazz Channel" is for the moment off air.

We have been out of action for ten days or so now since an attack of cyber vandalism by a rogue organisation on the Indian sub continent.  These people claim to be internet "freedom fighters" or some such similar nonsense. They first highjacked our site and then by use of viruses destroyed all our back-up archive. There is now nothing left and we have started to build the site up again.

If it's any small consolation the same people attacked 30 or more sites hosted by other Internet Service Providers and have now taken down over 30,000 web sites. There may be more that we do not know of.

We do apologise for the loss of service and assure our faithful supporters and listeners - between 80 and 120,000 at the last count - that we will return just as soon as possible.

Meanwhile I have had to change my email address as the same vandals also destroyed our site's email service - my new address is -
sweetfiglio at hotmail.co.uk

And if you don't know where the name Sweet Figlio comes from - legend has it that he was the office assistant who mistakenly wheeled a wheelbarrow through the Gennett studios in 1923 as the King Oliver band were recording Dipper Mouth Blues. It is said that if you listen to that title carefully you can hear the squeak of its unoiled wheel. At least so the late John R. T Davies used to claim.

A Happy New Year to you all - Brian Harvey and John Booth.