[Dixielandjazz] audiences & smoke

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Jan 9 21:53:39 PST 2011

A no smoking ordinance just went into effect in St. Louis and of course
there is the usual it will put us out of business rap fanned by the media.
Personally I haven't gone to or played in clubs for years because of the
smoke and some other reasons.

In the long run chasing tail and drinking will trump the need to smoke.

One bar in Alton Illinois bought the street and expanded their patio with
tall walls around it and have installed heaters for use in the winter to get
around the smoking ordinance.  They do a great business.

I don't know if the law pertains to private clubs but if it doesn't then
some will become private clubs.
Larry
St.L