[Dixielandjazz] Dates & nations

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jan 7 03:33:48 PST 2011

Andy Ling wrote:
>Personally I think the US version is more illogical. At least the UK
version is in ascending order.

Not withstanding which form is the most sensible, in my case...living in a
household where both forms of English (*) are used, along with Spanish, it
can get confusing.  I'm never sure anymore which form is used by
who/whom/quien.

(*)  When my daughter was a child she used to say to visitors "we say lorry.
He (meaning me!) says truck 'cause he's American."  A foreigner in your own
home!   :<

As a form of unity amongst nations, my kids have Irish first names to go
with their Armenian last name....they carry two passports (U.S. & Irish),
and speak in English with a watered down British accent (they live in
London), and all speak Spanish like a Spaniard....having all been born in
Spain.

Jim