[Dixielandjazz] Brian Rust RIP

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Thu Jan 6 13:11:13 PST 2011

Sorry to hear about the death of Brian Rust. I was at a lecture he gave in
the 1950's at Coventry, England.
The English way of writing the date is completely illogical, the American
way is partly logical, but the only logical way is 2011-01-05.
This can then be entered into computer systems as 20110105 where it can be
used like any other number. After all, we don't write the time 13:50 as
50:13. The computer can thereby use 201101051350 as a number that is always
in the correct relationship to other dates and times.

Bob Smith