[Dixielandjazz] Alice Faye Film

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 19:01:12 PST 2011

The one Alice Faye movie even her most devoted fans should be cautioned
against seeing is  "Fallen Angel".

I think it was around 1945, a non-singing role in which she co-starred with
Dana Andrews and Linda Darnell.

The way the story goes is that when she saw the finished product she was
outraged as her scenes had been cut to allow Darnell to have a more
prominent role.and drove off the studio lot.

I don't believe she appeared in film again until the 60s when she portrayed
Pat Boone's mother in the third filming of "State Fair".

It's my personal opinion that it wasn't so much the proportionate amount of
time on camera, Alice versus Linda, but more a case of seeing what an
absolutely dreadful film it really was.and her performance wasn't really
anything to write home about.

She had one other non-singing role that I know of ,"Barricade", playing
opposite that guy Baxter, who had been the show producer in "42nd Street"

I could be more precise if I had visited the Imdb.com website but frankly,
it's been a long day and I'm just too lazy to.

Tides
HC

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts