[Dixielandjazz] Alice Faye Film

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jan 1 18:37:23 PST 2011

Bob McClelland wrote:

> Way back when, Alice Faye and hubby Phil Harris used to attend the
> Sacramento Jubilee.

Phil used to attend the festival often.  I accompanied him singing a few times.  But I don't think Alice ever came with him.

There was an upscale store in Old Sacramento that sold lots of high quality pots, pans, cooking utensils, etc.  My wife saw him in there during one Festival purchasing a large pot and having it sent to Alice.

--Bob (Now where'd they put that damn piano) Ringwald