[Dixielandjazz] Ethel Ennis interviewed

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 25 22:06:04 PST 2011

Dear Bob,
Thank you for that one.
Extremely interesting, particularly the photographs.
As I have always believed, we learn something every day.
And today I certainly did.
Living in my own jazz cocoon, up until now, I had never heard of Ethel Ennis.
She is not represented in my collection, not even the 1958 Benny Goodman European concert performances.
However, my files contain, what I assume are, all her known recording details.
Checking out YouTube gave me 7 clips, including this one:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6wHi64pk8&feature=related
A fine voice.
Now where was I?
Oh yes. Researching and listening to pianist Alex Hill.
Very kind regards,
Bill.