[Dixielandjazz] Howard Mandel discusses Jazz Masters Awards and clarifies role of Jazz Journalists Association

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 19:58:11 PST 2011

 Why do any Dixieland Musicians even Care it's certainly not like the NEA is doing anything for Dixieland
much less passing out any money or awards to it or it's participants.  And the only way to get the Congressman's ear is to open the conversation with "I AM A REGISTERED VOTER"  with that he/she might even listen between phone calls regarding other pressing matters that make them money and contributions.

The Republican side has been trying to eliminate the NEA & NPR for decades, perhaps if we all started playing and presenting Gospel Music they would endorse us and fund some concerts.