[Dixielandjazz] Howard Mandel discusses Jazz Masters Awards and clarifies role of Jazz Journalists Association

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 13:06:32 PST 2011

To:  DJML and Musicians & JazzFans lists

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola, Inc.

Thanks to all who have contributed your thoughts, ideas and reactions to
announcement that National Endowment for the Arts ( NEA) had decided to
cancel the Jazz Masters Awards.

Howard Mandel, President of Jazz Journalists Association ( JJA) has written
about JJA position on this issue and clarification of the role of JJA.

Thanks Howard, for this informative piece.

fnv