[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz!

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 14:26:13 PST 2011

Hi,
Just back from another Swing de Gitanes concert.
The place - the "Simtah" (which means "Alley") Theatre - was full to
capacity.  We were a few minutes late (parking!), but had a
reservation, so we still had seats.  As far as I could tell, there was
only one free chair after that.  Tis time, the public was a little
older than usual with that band, but there still were quite a few
teenagers and people in their twenties.
I was the band's second concert incelebration of its first CD, but it
was quite different from the first one, which I had also attended.
The CD, by the way, is 50 shekels, which even now, with the decline of
the dollar, is under $14.  Since I like mine, I've bought anotehr copy
to send to a friend in Poland.
A wonderful group!  I strongly recommend looking it up on You Tube.
Cheers