[Dixielandjazz] Was Banjoist Gil Roberts -- now Jazz on radio

Dradjazz at aol.com Dradjazz at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 13:44:09 PST 2011

In a message dated 2/18/11 1:32:19 PM, bhaesler at bigpond.net.au writes:

> You must now have one of (perhaps THE) longest running jazz radio program
> in the world!

Thanks Bill.   And thanks for the correction re:   "The Gil Roberts' part
of the Stan McDonald interview is in fact on:
Visiting Stan McDonald Pt. 3AA.mp3 at 28.00"

http://jazzhotbigstep.com/50401.html

Yes, 29 years is a long time in jazz radio thank you, but exceeded, I
believe by Phil Ellwood (KPFA, Berkeley) and   by Richard Hadlock (formerly on
KQED, still on KCSM, San Francisco Bay Area).

>From his KCSM bio:
A near half-century broadcasting career began when Richard launched the
Annals of Jazz on KJAZ in 1959.  Since then, he has logged 18 years at KQED and
20 more at KCSM.

I don't know when Rob Bamberger began on WAMU, Washington DC . . . anyone?

Dave Radlauer
www.JAZZHOTBigstep.com