[Dixielandjazz] John Lucas

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 00:39:24 PST 2011

Hello folks,
John Lucas is not exactly a household name.  Not famous enough to have
made Chilton's "Who Is Who."  I wonder why - he was such a good
musician.  Having just listened to the CD that came with the Jess
Stacy book issued by Jazzology Press, I findhim marvellous!  I was so
moved by the Stacy-Lucas duets that I played them again and again
before putting the CD away (and even hearing the rest of it, which is
very good, too, as might be expected of Stacy solos and of Jack
Teagarden).
Cheers