[Dixielandjazz] Stan McDonald - Dave Radlauer

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 17 13:55:42 PST 2011

Good Evening Folks,

http://www.jazzhotbigstep.com/50401.html

Above link will lead those who are interested to the Stan McDonald page at
Jazz Rhythm - Dave Radlauer's Jazz Site.

Stan is a devotee of Sidney Bechet and distinguished musician of Traditional
Jazz around the Boston area.
His wife Ellen? has been recording Stan at his gigs and it those tapes that
Dave has patiently gone through to create the programs.
If I remember correctly most are live recordings - unissued at that.

Alongside Stan you will hear Terry Waldo, Art Hodes, Doc Cheatham, Ralph
Sutton and Sammy Price.  The New Eagle Jazz Band
and The Blue Horizon Jazz Band are featured too.
The fine trumpeter Walt Miller can be heard - new to me.

The banjoist Gil Roberts is heard in a snippet - this appears to be Gilbert
Roberts who recorded with The Blue Ribbon Syncopators.
Perhaps Bill H can help here.

At Dave's site you'll find complete performances that Dave has handpicked -
one such number is a hot performance of Funny Fumbles.
Anybody know of its origins - is it perhaps an original by one of the band
members?

Great show Dave - keep up the splendid work.

Now must go and listen to the Oliver programs - hope Dave has taken on board
Bill H's advice about Bud Scott (Canal St. Blues)

Richard Flecknell

Almost forgot - some programs called Eurotrad can be found at Jazz Rhythm.