[Dixielandjazz] Music Software

Kevin Yeates kyeates at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 12:45:28 PST 2011

Bob,
If by "scanning a sheet of music", you mean that you want to take a hard copy, put it on the scanner and scan it into a music program, I don't think Biab will do that.
Sibelius comes with such software. The software is called PhotoScore. Once you have scanned the music you can manipulate the music as you see fit (transpose, rearrange etc.) Check their website to see if the Student program has the scanning software. The Student program is about $100.00 and is very powerful.
If you are simply wanting to enter music into a software program so you can manipulate it and print the charts, there are numerous such programs. Sibelius and Finale are the two top such programs in my mind.
If your project doesn't involve a lot work, and you have it in PDF, you can email it to me off-list and I can scan it into Siband do the manipulation you need.
Kevin YeatesVancouver, Canada

"There are numerous programs for scanning a sheet of music that makes it possible to transpose it, etc.
I BIABox the best? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Warm regards,
Bob Romans"