[Dixielandjazz] Local musicians

Steve Voce stevevoce at virginmedia.com
Thu Feb 17 02:55:03 PST 2011

John Barnes was playing here in Liverpool on Monday night.
He had been booked to come up from London to play with the
Merseysippi Jazz Band who celebrated their 62 birthday.
They were formed on February 14, 1949.
A couple of weeks ago I went to the funeral of their pianist, Frank Robinson,
who was their last surviving original member.
(the wonderful clarinettist Don Lydiatt and trombonist Frank Parr
both survive, but they joined a few months after the Feb 14 1949 birth.

Steve Voce