[Dixielandjazz] FW: FW: Music in the Dark

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Feb 16 14:11:13 PST 2011

B.B. Buffington wrote:
>Especially enlightening (would be) the music of John Cage.....

You responded to my posting in which I blasted what someone else posted as
maybe a good idea that is being used by someone for concerts.

I further elaborated that proper listening can be heightened by closing your
eyes.  I don't, however, believe there is a psychedelic happening of some
sort as was stated in the original article.

B.B continues:
>But since people listen to music in this generations with their

I think you will find that most people, not just youth, listen first with
their eyes.  That's why it is sensible for a band to think about their
overall presentation.  First impressions are important and they enter first
through the eyes.

Jim