[Dixielandjazz] Two Shearing videos on Doug Ramsey's Rifftides blog

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 15 14:03:52 PST 2011

To:  Musicians & Jazzfans list; DJML

From: Norman Vickers Jazz Society of Pensacola

This from Crystal Joy Albert, current president of the Jazz Society of Pensacola.  She had a musical career in Boston and NYC.  Her early career was championed by Steve Allen and she appeared on the Tonight Show when Allen was the headliner.  She has lived in the Pensacola area for 15 years.

Crystal recorded an album of Strayhorn tune in 2000 in NYC adding some lyrics, with permission from Strayhorn estate, to some of his songs.  For those who don’t know her,

She has been music director for Pensacola JazzFest for last 10 years.  She was recently profiled in Bella Magazine, a monthly publication of Pensacola News Journal

For those interested, the link is :   <http://www.pnj.com/article/20110214/BELLA05/110210011/1151/bella10/Women-We-Admire-> http://www.pnj.com/article/20110214/BELLA05/110210011/1151/bella10/Women-We-Admire-

Crystal Joy Albert  has some you tube videos which can be accessed via you tube or accessed by website of Jazz Society of Pensacola   <http://www.jazzpensacola.com> www.jazzpensacola.com

See Crystal’s comments below: