[Dixielandjazz] Red Lehr and Jean Kittrell at the Central Illinois Jazz Festival

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Mon Feb 14 20:26:45 PST 2011

Red Lehr was honored by having the 36th annual Central Illinois Jazz
Festival in Decatur dedicated to him last weekend.

Then on top of that, Jean Kittrell came out of retirement to sing a few
songs with the band and shake her fringe again.

For those of you who missed it, and those of you who just want to relive
it, I have videos of the dedication and of Jeannie's three songs on my
youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BethSchweitzer

They will be at the top of the uploads list.

Please excuse the sometimes blurry video - I'm still getting used to my
new camera. It doesn't seem to want to auto-focus when I zoom while in
video mode. Guess I'll need to get out the manual!

Other videos will be coming as time allows, including some of Wally's
Warehouse Waifs, Cornet Chop Suey, Marilyn Keller and her Black Swan
Jazz Band, Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks, and of course the Rivermen
without Jeannie. Oh and a few of the dueling piano set with Dave
Majchrzak and Jeff Barnhardt.

Enjoy!

Beth Schweitzer
St. Louis