[Dixielandjazz] Christina Aguilera Super Bowl Pay

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 9 07:45:32 PST 2011

> "Elazar Brandt" <larryb at actcom.co.il>
>
> Bet she got paid more than we make in a year!
>
> Elazar

Hi Elazar:

Half Time performers at the Super Bowl half time show do not get paid
a performance fee.

They do get door to door expenses for themselves, their stage hands ,
roadies and their retinue.

I guess they accept the "But think of the exposure you'll get." pitch
from the promoters. Not too different from that same line seducing the
many amateur musicians who play for free. <grin>

Then again, an audience of 110 million (who tuned in to watch on TV in
the USA) isn't all bad.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband