[Dixielandjazz] Your Father's Mustache 50th reunion

Susan McCollom susansvox at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 22:29:56 PST 2011

Hi!
My dear friend Kathy Conry, who still lives in NYC, and I, (Susan
McCollom) worked for YFM off and on as Singer/Dancers from 1966
through 1969. We appeared on the Ed Sullivan show with the Mustache
the same night Tom Jones was on. We worked the Tony Awards show the
night Angela Lansbury won for Mame.  I remember being "on the road"
with YFM at a University in Chicago as the warm up act for Ike and
Tina Turner. We played nightclubs in the Bahamas as well as appearing
at all the other Mustache clubs around the country.  Kathy and I
danced on Broadway and toured with National Companies of shows as our
"real" jobs.  In between we sang and danced  for YFM. We worked a lot
with Ronnie Biesel on banjo, Joe Terra on washboard, Neil Defao (sp?)
on trombone, Barrie Mazerski on trumpet, ? Halsey on piano, and Red
Balaban on tuba, to name a few. We and all our friends LOVED the
Mustache and practically lived there in those days. Our apartment was
just down the block from the club on 10th St. We have a lot of great
memories! Kathy just retired after 45 years as a professional actress/
singer/dancer/choreographer and director.  I am still working as a
voice-over actress/producer/recording studio owner in San Francisco
with agents in NYC and LA. We would love to be a part of the 50th
Reunion. We both still sing and dance. . . although we,d be hard
pressed to fit into the old costumes.  I've even got a dvd made from
the old kinescope of the Ed Sullilvan Show!

Would love to hear from you!

My e-mail is      susansvox at earthlink.net      www.susansvoicemedia.com
Kathy's is          conrykathleen at yahoo.com