[Dixielandjazz] Correct Pitch frequency? (was: correct pitch, Ory, Savoy Blues)

Joe Carbery joe.carbery at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 14:27:31 PST 2011

Hi All,

I don't think anyone has mentioned High Pitch and Low Pitch. The first
clarinet I bought - an Albert system - in 1957 from a pawn shop in Dublin,
turned out to be an old military band instrument in high pitch. I thought
for a long time that my inability to play it in tune with songs on the radio
as due to my lack of skill rather than due to the later discovered fact that
it was pitched too high.

Regards,

Joe Carbery.