[Dixielandjazz] Rio Clemente

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:35:53 PST 2011

POINT OF ORDER, LET ME SPEAK

(That's actually from a Stan Freberg record that was a parody on the
McCarthy hearings from my youth)

Steve:
Nothing we've got to go to court over, but the only thing that I have posted
that anything to do with Morristown was Herb Gardner's Groundhog Day gig
originally scheduled for 2/01, then rescheduled for 2/14 due to inclement
weather.

As to my response to Marek, I made a wisecrack remark (moi, a wisecrack?)
making reference to the former Pittsburgh Pirate Roberto Clemente, when he
was talking about Rio Clemente

Since then, two DJML subscribers have contacted me offlist telling me that
quite coincidentally, someone did compose a ragtime number entitled "Roberto
Clemente" , I believe in 1978 in tribute to him.

As you might recall, Clemente who was Cuban died at age 38 in a plane crash
while transporting relief supplies to some country in Latin America.
Now why does the name of Fred's Farm sound familiar to me?  You say it's in
Lafayette, NJ?

Tides
HC

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Stephen G Barbone <
barbonestreet at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Marek Boym <marekboym at gmail.com> wrote answering Harry Callaghan:
>>
>>  Harryb wroteMonday, February 28 -- Pianist *Rio Clemente* will play the
>>> first piano solo of the year here. ?Come hear the Bishop of Jazz,
>>> unencumbered by sidemen.
>>> Rio is immensely popular throughout the region, and Morristown is his
>>> home
>>> turf. ?He can do wonders with their big Kawai grand, with his own

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts
      - Vergil: The Aeneid Book II