[Dixielandjazz] Sidewalk Blues JRM vs, Marsalis

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 21:38:43 PST 2011

Regarding tempo - a lot of the early New Orleans songs were supposed
to be "Struts" so a bit slower tempo is sometimes proper. I think many
"Dixie Bands" play/played songs too hot and fast - even Tiger Rag (AKA
Blues Number 2) can still swing at a slower pace, if you do it right.

Agree about the weak t-bone solo thing!

Dave Richoux