[Dixielandjazz] Ice Cream - Marsalis Clapton & Barber

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 26 15:51:04 PST 2011

Dear Bert

Here is a band with what is close to the Original Lyrics. I play as a
sideman in Tex Wyndham's local band in the Wilmington Delaware area
and he does the exact original lyrics. Very few bands do these. Seems
most copy the George Lewis versions which are not the original words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkIF42ShFps

and here's a Barber version .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOEXOBx9eVc&feature=related

Personally, I prefer the Marsalis/Clapton version to either of these.
VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband