[Dixielandjazz] Another Festival Bites the Dust

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Dec 15 22:24:32 PST 2011

Kit W. Johnson wrote:

Bob, in this case, I think your inferred facts may be a bit off.

Ocean Shores has had alternative styles for several years now and went
wholesale in that direction this year. Unfortunately, the numbers simply
weren't there to support that direction either.
(snip)

Thanks to Kit and other DJML posters.  I wasn't aware that Ocean Shores was using other forms of music besides Traditional Jazz.  The last time I played Ocean Shores, it was strictly Trad Jazz.

Well, I suppose to be a successful festival in these times, you have to hire the big name Rock bands.

Who wants to?

--Bob Ringwald