[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Ball

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:58:44 PST 2011

A good label, KAZ.  Lots of good jazz.  It issued its material on LP,
CD amd cassettes.  I have an Acker Bilk cassette album puchased
because the review particularly recommended the cassette version - it
had soem additional tracks that exceeded the other media capacity!
Kenny Ball initiated a Festival Hall Concert by the three B's of
British Trad: Chris Barber, Acker Bilk and Kenny Ball on the occasion
of his band's 25th anniversary.  It took place in 1983, and was issued
on a double-LP KAZ album in 1988.  Must have sounded much better in
person!
Cheers