[Dixielandjazz] Firehouse 5 + 2 arrangements

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:46:35 PST 2011

Hello,
I've just googled the Firehouse Revival, and am watching its
performance in Dresden.
The band still sounds good to my ears, although not as good as when I
heard it live.
Cheers

 I've never heard of the Firehouse Revival before, but i just listened
to a couple of their tunes (re-creations) and they do sound like the
FH5+2 arrangements, but not slavishly copied.
 As Alfred North Whitehead said, "No generation can merely reproduce
its ancestors.  You may preserve the life in a flux of form, or
preserve the form amid an ebb of life.  But you cannot permanently
enclose the same life in the same mould."