[Dixielandjazz] Coming to California

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Dec 2 07:19:25 PST 2011

Elazar Brandt wrote:

> My wife and I are coming to California ... and would be
> happy to know about jazz friends and trad-jazz events
> along our path.

> Dec 16-18: SF

On Friday, December 16, Ted Shafer's Jelly Roll Jazz Band will play their
regular weekly gig at

	Champa Restaurant
	3550 San Pablo Dam Rd
	El Sobrante, CA 94803-7207

El Sobrante is across the bay from San Francisco, and then about 10 miles
further via eastbound I-80. The band plays from 7 - 10 PM. No cover, no
minimum, good food at reasonable prices, good dance floor. Normally, I'd be
playing tuba with them, but on this particular date I have another gig (more
$$ & 70 miles closer to home) so Ted has booked a sub for me.

Jim O'Briant
Tuba
Gilroy, CA