[Dixielandjazz] Carol Leigh

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Aug 28 17:56:44 PDT 2011

To everyone,
I'm sorry to make this a news letter, but there are so many people who I feel would
  want to know about Carol, I am resorting to expediency.
On Wednesday evening, Aug. 17, Carol fell down some stairs in our home. She was coming
down from the second floor and I was in a nearby downstairs room. I didn't see her
fall and therefore don't know how it happened, but I heard her fall and found her
unconscious on the lower landing. I called 911 and was with her in the ER at Yale-New
Haven Hospital until they took her to Intensive Care.
She has now been moved to a private room and all tubes and monitors have been removed.
She is suffering from several broken ribs, a broken collar bone (all on her left
side) and some confusion from the blow to her head which caused internal bleeding
in her brain. There was also an accumulation of fluid in her left lung which had
to drained.
She is being readied for relocation now, probably to a convalescent home for a while.
When she will be moved has yet to be determined, she is still in much pain from the
broken ribs and is still somewhat confused. She does not remember what happened and
will not be able to talk on the phone for a while.
For the time being it is best to send any surface mail to our home address and I
will pass it on to her when she seems to want me to do so:
Russ Whitman
41 Park Place
Ansonia, CT 06401-2837
russwhitman at aol.com
russwhitman at hotmail.com
Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene has come and gone now. Luckily our home experienced
no loss of power, apparent wind-damage or flooding. Ironically, the fact that travel
has been discouraged today due to the storm cleanup has given me the opportunity
to write this. Otherwise I would be at the hospital.
Sorry again about this impersonal approach to sending out the news. We hope you are
all well,
Russ Whitman and Carol Leigh Whitman

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

New definition for 2012:
Electile Dysfunction
the inability to become aroused over any of the choices for President put forth by either party in the 2012 election year.