[Dixielandjazz] High Quality Computer Sound

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Thu Aug 25 11:59:08 PDT 2011

Bob -- Don't bother with speakers attached to your computer.   Send the
audio to your big audio stereo sound system and then if you want to record
it, record it in your sound system or if you want to record it in your
computer, send the signal back to the computer in Line In with a component
cable.   The way to do it is purchase HIFI-LINK online from xitel and
install it.

HIFI-LINK is a 50 foot cable that has a high quality sound card on line and
UPS jack for the computer and a stereo jack for your amplifier.  It takes
the digital audio out of the computer, converts it perfectly to analog and
your high quality music sound system loves and reproduces it.   I'm assuming
you have a high quality sound system because you are a good friend and high
quality musician.   I have been using hifi-link for about five years.   At
that time it cost 50 buckleys online.  Bob Hirsch was the one who tipped me
off to it, and that shows he's a good friend.

Bob Newman